This month we are pleased to bring you a delicious recipe from one of London’s top food writers, Emma Jane Frost.
Emma Jane has been a freelance food stylist and food writer for over 10 years. She writes for various publications in the UK and is a regular contributor to many London based magazines. Each month she creates a delicious recipe which is both simple and fuss-free for Connector readers.
CHOCOLATE HEART TORTE WITH RED BERRIES
175g/6oz digestive biscuits
2 (200g) bars plain chocolate, broken into
300ml/1/2 pt double cream
175g/6oz fresh red berries, halved
or quartered if large
Cocoa to dust
- Place the digestive biscuits in a food processor and whiz until fine crumbs. Place the butter into a medium heavy based saucepan and heat until melted and bubbling. Remove from the heat and add the biscuit crumbs and stir well. Place in the base of a 20cm loose based heart shaped tin and press down with the back of a spoon to level. Refrigerate until firm whilst making the topping.
- Place the chocolate and cream in a bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water and stir until the chocolate dissolves into the cream and the mixture becomes smooth.
- Pour over the biscuit base and refrigerate for 2 hours until firm.
- To remove from the tin, briefly dip the tin into some warm water and then place onto a board or plate. Arrange the red berries over the top and then lightly dust with a little cocoa.
- Serve cut into wedges and with cream if liked.